We’ve all received these types of emails at one time or another, and whether you choose to “play” or not they really are good tools for getting to know people better. I use a similar tool (but more professional/Style-targeted) for every single Client I work with. Without that part of the process, I wouldn’t have the success I do with their wardrobe/style concerns. But just for a bit of fun, I thought I’d share with you MY PROFILE below. It was emailed to me recently and I’ve decided instead of replying I would cut and paste it into my BLOG for all the world to see! Game, aren’t I? (Feel free to cut & paste it as your Comment, with your answers so I can get to know you better too!) Enjoy….
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? (Dare I admit this?) Yes… Alison from a old soapie called “Peyton Place” (spelling?)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Yesterday – a photo of my dad (RIP) appeared on my computer & literally took my breath away. Tears flowed uncontrollably (…when does that ever stop happening?)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not really – but at least it IS legible (unlike the handwriting of many of the “younger generation”!) Now I sound really old, don’t I?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Berliner (or devon) – brings me back to my primary school days. Must be eaten on fresh white bread with tomato sauce too!
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Two lovely ones that I’ll keep (for now). That could change at any given moment/hormonal mood-swing (be it mine or theirs!)
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Ofcourse! I’m really, really nice! Do you really have to ask that question?!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Never…(ha! Gotcha!)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes. But not a lot else…
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No bloody way!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Porridge with lots and lots of brown sugar
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. Haven’t worn lace-ups since school & don’t train enough to warrant including joggers here…
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Sometimes. But not if a Dentist is involved (I need to be knocked out to have a filling). Or if confronted by a spider.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Hokey-pokey (the one with butterscotch crunchy bits). Add a cookie dough mix-in for the perfect treat!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether they’re warm/friendly or cold/aloof. I’m the guru of “First Impressions” remember!
15. BLACK OR PINK? Neither – we all know Style Counsel’s faves are white, light neutrals – don’t we!?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My insides really don’t work too well, and I can be way too sensitive at times too…
17.WHAT QUESTION SHOULD BE HERE? The one that is here right now, surely! Otherwise the numbers would be out! Can’t you count?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes, I’d love it! This was just plain fun to do – a nice break from routine…
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grey sandals
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? The Easter egg my son had to buy on eftpos to bring his purchase up to the required $5 min. Was the least I could do!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The annoying/yappy little dogs who belong to people who rent the house on the corner of our street. They haven’t stopped barking ALL weekend! Grrr….the owners are home too – are they DEAF?!!
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Flesh-pink – I used to love using that one to draw faces/bodies when I was a kid
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Garlic/onions (in cooking – not on breath ofcourse!); Chanel #5; Fresh bread; My dog’s feet (don’t freak out ’til you’ve tried that one please!); Fresh laundry; Rain; Glade’s “Clean Linen” air freshener (it’s the closest thing to the real deal without the effort!)
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I hate the phone. I really, hate the phone. I avoid it as much as possible. Honestly can’t remember when I last spoke on one! But I do LOVE texts and emails! I guess that could make me a bad communicator – but I am really very personable in person, and in writing, so please forgive me?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Naaah…she’s a real cow! hahahah…gotcha again! And you thought I didn’t use sarcasm much? She’s lovely…just like “moi”!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? AFL – only live matches, and only if my nerves are up to it (I get really stressed if my team is losing!). I rarely watch sport on TV – it bores me. And I really hate cricket (sorry Jane & AB!) – would rather watch grass grow/paint dry!
27. HAIR COLOR? Can’t remember – been so long since I’ve seen my real colour! At the moment a darker shade of blonde than I’m used to though….
28. FAVORITE PET? Boof & Milly – Milly & Boof – EQUALLY – honestly, can’t choose a favourite because if they read this it would trigger further/irreparable sibling rivalry
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Only when my iPhone is in my back pocket – then I guess I am officially “wearing” them!
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Sicilian green olives, Sav Blanc, Blue Castello
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy, happy, happy – all the way please!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Rebound – nice. sweet. happy. Did I mention I like to feel “happy” at the movies?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Grey PJ camisole
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. Summer. Summer. Can’t handle the cold.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs please…
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Not really big on dessert (weird huh?). But can tolerate small servings of: trifle, meringue, pudding, custard, creme brulee – in no particular order.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hopefully any readers who have a little time, want me to get to know THEM a little better – just as I have here?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those readers who DON’T have a little time, and DON’T want me to get to know them a little better – just as I have here!
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I’m not. Must rectify that fast! Any suggestions anyone?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don’t have one!
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn’t – went to a friend’s for dinner – wasn’t feeling great but glad I went. Was the best medicine I could’ve taken!
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Silence – just like the quiet I am enjoying now that those bloody dogs have finally been silenced! Do you think they managed to read my rant (above) and got the hint?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones – they gather no moss. And I’m not a fan of bugs/creepy-crawlies
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Europe. And I’m sooooo going back too! Just you watch me!
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Helloooo!? Helping others to look and feel fabulous! Daaaah!!
46. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS? Yep! I personally know quite a few!
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? See question 37.